The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides certain rights to residents of California:
- To request that we disclose what information we collect, use, disclose or sell about you (twice in a 12-month period)
- To access the specific pieces of information we hold about you (twice in a 12-month period)
- To request the deletion of any of your personal information we collect or maintain, subject to certain exceptions (twice in a 12-month period)
- To non-discrimination – we will not deny, charge different prices for, or provide a different level of quality of goods or services if you choose to exercise these rights
To opt out of the sale of your personal information
Under CCPA, California consumers have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information. CCPA broadly defines sale such that it may include, for example, allowing third parties to receive and use certain information, such as cookies, mobile advertising IDs, IP address and/or browsing behaviour, to deliver tailored or personalised advertising. When you opt out of the sale of your personal information, you will still receive ads, but we will not be able to use this data to personalise them to you and therefore they may be less useful.
California residents may exercise their California access or deletion rights by calling our toll-free number 1-866-I-OPT-OUT (1-866-467-8688) and enter code 1191#. or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For security purposes, we will verify your identity when you request to exercise your California privacy rights. Once we have verified your identity (and your agent, as applicable), we will respond to your request as appropriate and except where not permitted under applicable law or otherwise exempted by the CCPA.
If we are unable to complete your requests fully for any of the reasons above, we will provide you additional information about the reasons that we could not comply with your request.
You may also designate an agent to make requests to exercise your rights under CCPA as described above. We will take steps both to verify the identity of the person seeking to exercise their rights, and to verify that your agent has been authorised to make a request on your behalf through providing us with a signed written authorization or a copy of a power of attorney.
July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021
- Requests to know – 0 requests
- Requests to delete – 0 requests
- Requests to opt-out – 0 requests
- Median or mean number of days in which you substantively responded to requests to know, delete, or opt-out – N/A